Associate Executive Director
The Associate Executive Director is instrumental in shaping and executing FREE Recovery Community’s mission and vision. This role involves leading FREE Recovery Community staff and volunteers, necessitating a dynamic individual with strong leadership, organizational, and people skills. Additionally, the Associate Executive Director offers care and support to the community, occasionally organizes Saturday night services/preaches, and serves as a backup for the Lead Pastor/Executive Director. This full-time position demands spiritual maturity, adaptability, and wholehearted dedication to enhancing the overall health and growth of our community. As a member of the executive leadership team, this role plays a crucial part in shaping a thriving and transformative recovery community.
Duties and Responsibilities will include:
- Leadership and Coordination (65%):
- Collaborate with executive team to develop and implement FREE Recovery Community’s overall mission, vision, and strategic goals.
- Assist in the oversight of day-to-day operations of FREE Recovery Community, sharing the general workload to manage facilities, resources, and special events.
- Coordinate and lead events including events with community service leaders, community connection events, and fundraising events.
- Recruit, train, and nurture a team of staff members and volunteers.
- Foster a sense of community and spiritual growth among staff members and volunteers.
- Establish policies and processes to ensure smooth operations, promote safety, and maximize impact.
- Leverage relevant technology for transparent and effective communication with volunteer leaders and staff members.
- Provide input around the budget, ensuring responsible stewardship of resources.
- Assess strategy effectiveness and make data-driven and prayerful improvements.
- Provide reports to the executive team regularly and to community leaders and Board of Directors, as needed.
- Community Connection (20%):
- Provide counsel to community members as needed.
- Follow up with new community members based on newcomer connect cards.
- Follow up with community members who have fallen away from the community for a period.
- Collaborate with other staff to ensure comprehensive care is provided to the community, including providing directions for those in the community seeking services.
- A few times per year: organize Saturday night services and preach. This includes preparing content creation that aligns with the message of the overall community vision and message series, collaborating with Lead Pastor/Executive Director.
- Collaboration and Teamwork (15%)
- Participate in regular staff meetings and team development experiences.
- Maintain effective communication with staff members to ensure a unified approach.
- Collaborate with staff members to develop weekly email/newsletter.
- Support ‘all hands’ activities, including planning and execution of holiday and special events.
Interested in learning more about this role? Download the full job description below and apply to: email@example.com